Digest of prosthetics - december01.01.2024
The final two weeks in Washington were active and eventful for our defenders, Vadym and Serhii. The men managed to visit St Andrew's Ukrainian Orthodox Church, meet with distinguished guests at the US Chamber of Commerce event, and taste home-cooked meals at the first Ukrainian restaurant in Washington, D.C., Ruta. And also to travel a bit and prepare for the Christmas holidays!
Read more about Vadym and Serhii's adventures during their prosthetic treatment in Washington in our digest.
- 4.12 — our men visited St Andrew's Ukrainian Orthodox Church and met with Metropolitan Anthony, the head of the Ukrainian Church in America.
- They tasted Ukrainian dishes at the Ruta restaurant.
- 6.12 — Vadym and Serhii attended an event of the US Chamber of Commerce. They met and talked to military attaches of allied countries and representatives of the Pentagon, who thanked them for their service and defense of Ukraine.
- Meeting with Deputy Minister for Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Mykola Tochytskyi, Minister for Strategic Industries of Ukraine Oleksandr Kamyshyn, Deputy Minister of Defence of Ukraine Lieutenant General Ivan Havryliuk and Deputy Chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Major General Oleksandr Kyrylenko.
- 11.12 — representatives of the Ukrainian diaspora organized an interesting trip for our defenders to the Great Falls waterfalls. We are grateful to the Ukrainian diaspora for making our men feel at home even on another continent!
- And, of course, to continue their daily hard work together with rehabilitation therapists and prosthetists!
- 15.12 — at the Embassy of Ukraine in the United States, the defenders met with Oksana Markarova, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Ukraine to the United States, as well as Defence Attaché Borys Kremenetskyi and Senior Defence Assistant Oleksandr Rozhkov.
We thank everyone who helps our defenders return to active life, including Pfizer Inc. Together, we are doing our best to help our defenders live an active life again!